Email Security describes different techniques for securely sending the mail and avoiding unauthorized access. Mail is likewise a typical passage point for aggressors hoping to increase a footing in an Enterprise system and get important organization information.
In a way, such intruding can be avoided by Email encryption that includes encoding or masking the substance of email messages. Encryption possibly shields delicate data from being perused by anybody other than expected beneficiaries.
Why Email Security?
Email is the major mode of communication between the people within an organization and with that of other organizations.
This contemporary scenario facilitates hackers that attempt to steal sensitive data of the users through Email.
To ruse Email users this way, the hackers use E-Mail itself as the key source to spread what is called malware just by clicking on links and downloading attachments.
Following the instructions of malware lead to spreading of fake data and injecting malicious scripts, thereby grabbing personal data and financial information.
What do officials say about Email Security?
Economic times said that hackers are increasingly targeting the top management of companies to retrieve confidential information, costing them millions of dollars. Email Phishing is one of the major threat.
Tarun Wig, the co-founder of Innefu Labs, an authentication security firm, says email hacking is the latest and probably one of the biggest challenges of information security.
Email Security Solutions
To alleviate these tricks, Organizations venture into many secure measures to communicate sensitive and confidential data through E-Mail. Below is one such set:
- Create a smart EMail address
- Create separate EMail accounts.
- Use Strong and strong passwords.(Uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters)
- Use Two-tier authentication.
- Be careful when you submit your EMail address.
- Unsubscribe from any unnecessary newsletters.
- Organizations should have secure EMail Gateway with a Multi-layer approach.
- Mark Phishing EMail as Spam to help your EMail provider, block it more effectively.
- Share your EMail address only with a trusted party.
- Be careful when opening / downloading the attachment. Never download and open attachments in spam EMails and bulk EMails.
- Do not reply to spam EMail.
- If you are not aware of the sender, don’t respond.
- Don’t click the unknown link available in the EMail.
- Do not use Public WiFi for sending mails.
- Use E-Mail smartly. Be wise what information you are sending via EMail.
These are some of the important best practices for your day to day life when handling Emails.
Make sure to handle your E-Mails with these tips to enjoy the topmost security.
Hackers will not act all of the sudden, instead, they snoop, monitoring the conversation and waiting for an opportunity. So be conscious when opening your EMails and attachments.